Bringing low cost solar panels to your neighborhood
Solarize Anchorage brings neighbors together to purchase solar panels as a group to receive discounted rates on panels and installation. It will provide home and business owners less expensive panels by pairing group discount rates with available state and federal incentives.
The Solarize program has been widely used in the lower 48. It allows neighbors in specific geographic areas to organize for the collective purchase of solar installation. Check out the NREL guidebook if you are interested in learning more about the Solarize concept >>
We have expanded the Solarize Anchorage program to include more neighborhoods for the 2019 solar installation season! Spenard, Turnagain, Rogers Park, and South Addition will all be participating in a Solarize program.
These neighborhoods have selected their preferred installers for their program and are hosting free educational workshops for interested participants.
More information coming soon for these neighborhoods:
Campaign Timeline (Subject to Change)
- RFP Publicly Announced- November 19th, 2018
- Final RFP Questions are Due in Writing- December 07, 2018
- Proposals Due- January 04, 2019
- Firms Notified of Interviews (if necessary)- January 14th – 18th, 2019
- Interviews- January 21st – 25th, 2019
- Firm(s) Selection and/or Further Negotiation- Week of January 25th, 2019
- South Addition Community Workshop #1- March 5th, 2019
- Rogers Park Community Workshop #1- March 12th, 2019
- Turnagain Community Workshop #1 – March 19th, 2019
- Rogers Park Community Workshop #2- March 29th, 2019
- Spenard Community Workshop #1 – April 1st, 2019
- Turnagain Community Workshop #2 – April 4th, 2019
- Turnagain Community Workshop #3 – April 8th, 2019
- Rogers Park Community Workshop #3- April 24th, 2019
- South Addition Community Workshop #2 – April 30th, 2019
- Spenard Community Workshop #2 – May 4th, 2019
- South Addition End of Solarize campaign, customer signup deadline- June 21st, 2019
- Spenard End of Solarize Campaign, customer signup deadline – June 28th, 2019
- Rogers Park and Turnagain End of Solarize Campaign, customer signup deadline – July 15th, 2019
- Solarize Contract Expiration, deadline for installations- October 2019
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does the Solarize Anchorage program apply to Homeowners Associations?
The program is meant to benefit individual homeowners.
Can I participate in the Solarize Anchorage program if I live in a condo or duplex?
If you own your residence, including rights to the roof, this may be a possibility. Please check ownership and construction permissions.
Can more than one installer participate?
Yes, especially in instances where there is overwhelming demand for installations.
What if someone wants to purchase their panels through Solarize but wants to select their own installer?
The goal of the Solarize Anchorage program is to help both residents and installers by negotiating that relationship. Costs are driven down for consumers, and selected contractors get a guarantee of business. Buying panels and choosing a different installer would only be possible if the installer(s) selected through the Solarize program present that as an option.
Will your neighborhood be next?
Contact email@example.com and our team will help you design a campaign plan and start organizing your neighbors.