The Alaska Center
October 24 – Early Vote Rally – 11:45 AM at Anchorage Town Square Park
Join The Alaska Center and partners to generate excitement and raise awareness about the start of Early Vote on October 24th! Early Vote is the best option for voters to ensure their vote gets cast and counted for the 2016 General Elections. To begin this election cycle, we will gather at Town Square Park at 11:45 for hot drinks and energizing words from a speaker on the importance of voting early. Then we will walk together to City Hall to vote!
October 24 – VOTE-toberfest Party – 6 PM at Resolution Brewing Company, 3024 Mountainview Dr, Anchorage
Join The Alaska Center and partners for Vote-toberFest at 6pm at Resolution Brewing Company! We are celebrating the opening of Early Vote for the 2016 general elections. We will have festive foods, local beers and ciders, and hear from speakers about the rising electorate in Alaska and the importance of the PFD Automatic Voter Registration Ballot Initiative for our diverse communities.
In partnership with:
– PFD Automatic Voter Registration Initiative
– Get Out the Native Vote
– Alaska AFL-CIO
– First Alaskans Institute
– Alaska Chapter Japanese American Citizens League
– Planned Parenthood Votes Northwest and Hawaii
– Cook Inletkeeper
– Alaska Community Action on Toxics
– Moms Clean Air Force
– ACLU of Alaska
– Renewable Energy Alaska Project
– Campus Vote Project UAA
November 8th is Election Day
The Alaska Center is committed to engaging Alaskans from all backgrounds in the political process. We believe that Alaskans must be able to participate in the resource decisions impacting their communities and livelihoods, and the most important step any Alaskan can take to participate in decision-making is to VOTE.
Early Voting: Monday, 10/24 – Monday, 11/7 in designated locations around the state
Election Day: Tuesday, November 8th, polls open 7 AM – 8 PM at polling locations statewide
Who We Are
We are Alaskans working to make our home the best place to live. Our future is dependent upon the health of the resources that sustain our diverse cultures and livelihoods, and the power of our people to participate in the decisions that impact our communities. Together, we will ensure that our leaders champion the values that will support a vibrant future for generations to come.
What We Do
We work across the state to protect the resources that sustain our families, cultures, and communities, while ensuring that Alaskans have a voice in the decisions impacting our future:
- Wild Salmon: Alaska’s wild salmon are part of our heritage, our identity, and our future. We engage Alaskans to protect critical habitat at the local and state level.
- Clean Energy: Climate change threatens our fisheries, cultures, and very existence. We advance clean energy solutions that will help diversify our economy, transition from extractive industries, and make Alaska a leader in innovation.
- Amplifying Alaskans’ Voices: Alaskans must be able to participate in the resource decisions impacting their communities and livelihoods. We are working for transparent government, strong democracy, and open public processes that allow the voice of the people to define our future.
We envision a thriving and sustainable Alaska for future generations.
We engage, empower and elect Alaskans to stand up for our clean air and water, healthy communities, and a strong democracy.
Paid for and approved by The Alaska Center, 921 W 6th Avenue, Suite 200, Anchorage, Alaska 99501. John Duffy, Chair. The top contributors to The Alaska Center are League of Conservation Voters (Washington DC), Clay Frick (Haines, AK), and Ben Hammett (Palo Alto, CA). This notice to voters is required by Alaska law: We certify that this literature is not authorized, paid for, or approved by the candidate.