Take Action Fairbanks
Mayor Matherly just vetoed the Non Discrimination Ordinance that passed the Assembly with a 4 to 2 vote. Why?
This Ordinance would have extended protections to ethnicity, orientation, identity, and expression for Fairbanks City residents, businesses, and visitors.
Our community overwhelmingly supports this Ordinance:
• In-Person Testimony: Support: 95, Oppose: 32
• Opinion Pieces in the Daily News Miner: Support: 35, Oppose: 9
• Letters to the Council: Support: 450, Oppose: 215
• Small Businesses Letter of Support: 114, and growing
• Local Elected Leader Letter of Support: 11
Let him know how you feel.
Take Action Today
A huge thanks to all the local businesses, assembly members, and community leaders who stand in support for this Ordinance.
Check out the incredible business owners who signed on in support