WHO: Join The Alaska Center, in partnership with Alaska Marine Conservation Council, Cook Inletkeeper, and Trout Unlimited for an Alaska Wild Salmon Day celebration.
WHAT: Free wild salmon barbecue and community celebration. Family-friendly games and activities, fly-tying and casting workshop, photo booth, and more! Bike valet provided by Bike Anchorage.
WHERE/WHEN: AK Wild Salmon Day is Wednesday, August 10th. Celebration and barbecue takes place from 5:30 to 8:00 PM at Cuddy Midtown Park, 201 E 40th Avenue. Parking is limited, free bike valet provided by Bike Anchorage.
WHY: Alaska Wild Salmon Day was signed into law by Governor Walker on May 8th. Wild salmon are a big part of what makes life in Alaska so great. This new state holiday acknowledges the fish that nourish our families, create thousands of jobs, provide endless recreation, and are intimately tied to our identity as Alaskans.
- Community volunteers working to protect wild salmon
- Ryan Schryver, Deputy Director of The Alaska Center
- Janie Standifer, high school student from Tyonek speaking about the importance of wild salmon
- Kelly Harrell, Executive Director, Alaska Marine Conservation Council
- **Possible: Anchorage Assembly Members
- Free wild salmon barbeque and Wild Scoops ice cream
- Families and community members riding the “bucking salmon”
- Fly tying and casting workshop participants learning how to tie flies and cast
- Community members celebrating salmon through a variety of activities
- Attendees riding the “bucking salmon”
The Alaska Center engages, empowers and elects Alaskans to stand up for our clean air and water, healthy communities, and a strong democracy. More information at akcenter.org.
Share this Post