2017 Statewide and Local Elections Information
The Alaska Center is committed to engaging Alaskans from all backgrounds in the political process for statewide and local elections. We believe that Alaskans must be able to participate in the decisions impacting their communities and livelihoods, and the most important step any Alaskan can take to participate in decision-making is to VOTE.
For these local elections you can vote early, vote by mail or vote on Election Day. See below for more information:
Vote on Election Day:
- April 4th
Polling locations can be viewed here and are open 7am – 8pm
- You can vote early from March 20th until April 3rd at City Hall, Loussac Library, and Chugiak-Eagle River Senior Center
- Loussac Library: Monday – Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; Sunday March 26 & April 2, 2016 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Anchorage City Hall: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Chugiak-Eagle River Senior Center: March 27, 2017 – April 3, 2017 Mon – Fri, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Vote By Mail:
- You can request a ballot through mail, email, or fax
- You can request a ballot up until March 28th
- Vote by Mail ballots must be postmarked by Election Day (April 4th)
The Alaska Center has endorsed four candidates who support our vision for clean air and water, healthy communities, and a strong democracy on the Anchorage Assembly, including:
Downtown Anchorage District 1: Christopher Constant
West Anchorage District 3: Tim Steele
Midtown Anchorage District 4: Felix Rivera
South Anchorage District 6: Suzanne LaFrance
Paid for and approved by Our Home, Our Future, 921 W 6th Avenue, Suite 200, Anchorage, Alaska 99501. John Duffy, Chair. The top contributors to Our Home, Our Future are The Alaska Center (Anchorage, AK). This notice to voters is required by Alaska law: We certify that this literature is not authorized, paid for, or approved by the candidate.