Climate Resource Links
Alaska Conservation Solutions
- Founded in 2005, ACS aims to draw attention to the pervasive consequences of global warming in Alaska, and also pursue solutions to the problem.
- An international project of the Arctic Council and the International Arctic Science Committee (IASC), to evaluate and synthesize knowledge of climate variability, climate change, and increased UV radiation and their consequences.
Comprehensive study on the impacts of climate change on Alaska.
- 1Sky was created in 2007 to focus the power of millions of concerned
Americans on a single goal: bold federal action by 2010 that can stem
global warming. The 1Sky Solutions are grounded in scientific
necessity—they are the bottom line of what's needed to dramatically
reduce carbon emissions while maximizing energy efficiency, renewable
energy and breakthrough technologies. They also represent significant
economic promise. By pivoting to a clean energy economy, we can relieve
our dependence on foreign oil, unlock the potential of sustainable
industry and usher in a new era of prosperity and green jobs.
- Through a new combination of non-partisan alliances with Americans from all walks of life and innovative and far-reaching communication techniques the Alliance will focus on presenting the facts about climate change and its solutions to the general public in an accurate, clear and compelling manner.
- Provides technical consulting, training, and information services to build capacity, share knowledge, and support local government in the implementation of sustainable development at the local level. The basic premise is that locally designed initiatives can provide an effective and cost-efficient way to achieve local, national, and global sustainability objectives.
- Allows you to determine carbon dioxide emissions from major sources: home energy consumption and transportation by car and plane.